DMCA Requests for Copyright Holders
Information for Copyright Holders
We believe the screenplays, scripts, teleplays, and transcripts posted on 8FLiX to be exempt from removal under Section 107 of the Copyright Act. The content we provide is of considerable educational value to current and future screenwriters.
We are listed as a resource for students of Cornell University's Film Studies program.
Also, our content allows film and TV fans to track the progression of their favourite movie or show from script to screen.
However, 8FLiX understands that spoilers, earlier versions, and unintentional "leaked" scripts, etc., could dampen the fan experience. So, if you prefer to have your work removed from our database, no problem!
8FLiX respects the intellectual property of others. There's no need to get nasty. We're nice, friendly, approachable and reasonable! Although your request will likely cause young screenwriters everywhere to rethink their life choices, sob uncontrollably, and start binge-drinking, we'll obey your order.
So, if you believe your work has been used in a way that wreaks of copyright infringement, please follow the instructions below. It's the basic info needed to satisfy DMCA removal requests. It's not, like, we just made this up.
Before Moving Foward:
(a) Please note that this procedure is only for notifying 8FLiX that your copyrighted works may have been infringed.
(b) 8FLiX only responds to AUTHOR, and/or DISTRIBUTOR requests. Make sure your contact information is valid, and your email address links to a verifiable source. If we know each other, then give me a call, text, or send a brief email.
(c) If you're none of the above, then you must provide chain of title documents.
(d) If you're a legal firm or rep., we'll also accept your request (as long as you also tell us a funny joke about lawyers... not ironic funny, not weird funny, we mean like, "funny haha" funny).
Your DMCA Request Should Contain The Following:
- An electronic or physical signature of the author, or person authorized to act on behalf of the author of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Looking For Something Else?
If you can't find what you're looking for here, send us an email. We take requests, too!
If you're searching for a specific movie or TV show/series, please let us know. 8FLiX has more than 10,000 scripts and screenplays. Not all are currently listed here. Eventually, they'll all be available to download (but certainly not in your lifetime). To avoid waiting decades for 8FLiX to add the script that you're looking for, send us an email. You still may have to wait, but it'll be days rather than generations. You can SEARCH our site when you're ready!